The Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek, Michigan consists of 72 acres of land that were donated to the city in 1922 by Leila Post Montgomery, the wife of cereal magnate C.W. Post. The Arboretum consists of 25,000 plants, trees and shrubs and is largely funded by private donations and maintained by volunteer gardeners.
It is a great place in the summer time to go for a walk, run or picnic to enjoy the day. They also offer programs for children in coordination with the Kingman Museum which shares the same grounds.